27. Kick Anxiety in the FACE! with Kate Schoenecker
Updated: Oct 17, 2020
Tune in: Apple Podcast | Spotify | Anchor
Please don't forget to subscribe & give us 5 stars! ⭐️✨ Thank you, friend.
Hey! Are you tired of people pleasing?
Click here to learn the #1 way to build your confidence muscle & become who you're meant to be, not who everyone else wants you to be.
Today's guest is Kate Schoenecker is a Confidence Consultant for Next Level Confident (yes, we work together!) Personal Trainer, and Yoga Instructor!
You can check out her IG @mckatester or email her email@example.com
"Some people think their walk with anxiety has to be their reality. I don’t have everything figured out but I have experienced a lot of hope and freedom in this area so I’m passionate about helping other women."
Anxiety and depression is affecting 40 million adults in the United States. 18.1% of our population. Anxiety is highly treatable, yet only 36.9% of people receive treatment.
We will answer questions like:
How do I know if I have severe anxiety?
How can I stop shaming my thoughts?
How do I stop unwanted thoughts?
How can I use my anxiety for good?
Should I go get bloodwork done?
How to have a healthy relationship with my body?
How can I have a healthy relationship with myself?
Why do I have so much social anxiety when I'm heading to an event?
Kate shares that she’s been battling different forms of anxiety since she was 3 or 4. "I first went to therapy for Tricotilomania. But when I got older, I thought seeing a therapist made me weak. I originally saw a doctor because I thought there was something wrong with my heart, but it turns out they were panic attacks. I had tingly fingers and numbness. A hard time breathing and chest pain."
Many of us have fearful, intrusive thoughts. These are unwelcome thoughts that cause more and more fears. This can become a scary loop where are you don’t know what is reality and what’s not. One technique that's worked for Kate is naming the fear a persons name.. like Sally. So instead of resisting your intrusive thoughts, play with them!
What are the 5 creative things you have done to kick anxiety in the face?
1. Get your bloodwork taken. If you’re missing nutrients, a side effect can be anxiety. I had an Iron deficiency. I went and saw an Integrative RD.
2. Thought play. Create a separate identity for your fear. Being able to laugh at yourself and your taboo thoughts!
3. Keep track of less. What all are you keeping track of? Take an inventory of what all you’re tracking in your brain. Counting Calories. Weighing yourself every day. Social media.
4. Take inventory of your movement patterns. If you’re constantly working out super hard, doing HIIT or long runs, it might be causing elevated stress your levels. Weight lifting. Cardio. If your workouts are always super intense it can lead to chronic stress. “It’s not all about calories in, calories out. Recent studies are showing that stress is playing a bigger role in what your body looks like.”
5. Try something totally new! Keep an open mind. Something you wouldn’t have tried before. Like chiropractic care, acupuncture, a float tank, water coloring.
"I don’t need to be ashamed of my anxiety. It’s not weakness. It’s fire! It’s power!"
"Slow and steady wins the race. It’s okay that you don’t have it all right now!"
Thank you, Kate, for sharing your powerful mind on today's podcast!